Accounting for Non-Accountants
This Accounting for Non-Accountants Training in Dubai will unveil the mystery behind the world of finance and equip you with the necessary tools and skills to apply financial management techniques to improve performance.
To be an effective and diversified Professional, FINANCE KNOWLEDGE IS A MUST. Financial and Management accounting techniques will definitely enhance your in-depth about business activities and will leap you one step further to participate aggressively in achieving your organizational goals.
In business the saying is true- KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. Those who have it hold a competitive advantage over those who don’t. Those who understand the business information at hand, and know how to interpret and use it, make the best business decisions.
- Ability to read, understand and analyze financial information.
- Integration with financial manager on key management issues.
- Ability to identify Risk associated with Financial Reporting.
- Improved decision making.
- Enhanced budget making skills.
- Ability to properly evaluate the financial and non financial performance of an organization.
- Enhanced Confidence level.
Who Should Attend?
Strategic and tactical level managers who are eager to gain a better understanding of the financial implications of their business decisions. Furthermore all operational level managers responsible for the actual execution of the tasks in all areas of operations.
- Understanding basic accounting concepts.
- Read and interpret key financial statements.
- Use key financial ratios and indicators to assess and plan performance.
- Understanding Financial Shenanigans.
- Understanding budgetary techniques and selecting the most appropriate approach.
- Monitor performance and make recommendations to enhance value.
- Monitor the performance of Responsibility Centers against budgets.
- Master key financial indicators and tools.
All theoretical concepts will be elaborated with practical exercises. The participant’s interactive mechanism will be ensured to develop understanding and maintain interests. Quizzes and examples will be used for better understanding the applicability of the concepts.
Medium of Instruction
Basic Medium will be English for overall workshop; financial jargons will be elaborated in simple English and in Urdu/Hindi where ever required.
INTRODUCTION TO ACCOUNTING
- Understanding the role of Finance and Accounting in a Company.
- Understanding the role of accountants in a company.
- Understanding the benefits of mastering key financial concepts.
- Fundamentals of Accounting.
- Financial Accounting Cycle and double entry bookkeeping system.
- Accounting support for management activities.
- Accounting support for external decision making.
- Books of Accounts.
- Ethics in Business and accounting
- Project Accounting concepts.
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING AND BUDGETARY PROCESS
- Cost structure
- Determinants of cost structure
- Cost Volume Profit analysis
- Define Budgets and Forecasts
- Different Approaches to Budgeting
- Variance Analysis and Investigation
FINANCIAL STATEMENT ANALYSIS AND PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT
- Understanding Financial Statements (Cash flow statement, income statement, balance sheet)
- Understanding the organization financial status.
- Financial performance and Critical analysis of financial statements.
- Non Financial performance measures.
- Balanced Scorecard.
- Use of financial tricks in preparation of financial statements (financial shenanigans)
- Responsibility centers and performance measurement
CREATING VALUE THROUGH FINANCING DECISIONS
- Finance vs. Accounting.
- ROI and Residual Income.
- Time value of money.
- Financial markets and instruments.
- Different sources of finance.
- Capital budgeting tools.