Skip to content
Prepare and Plan your Negotiation Effectively
Go trough this list before starting the negotiation to Prepare and Plan your Negotiation Effectively
- What exactly are we going to negotiate/ what is the aim of the negotiation?
- I have read all correspondence, contracts etc. relating to the case and have asked all internal parties, who has previously been involved in the case
- What is my goal in this negotiation?
- Shall I bring any partners or internal specialist for the negotiation?
- Who is the other part in the negotiation?
- How many are they, what is his/ her/their title, position, decision making?
- What is the other persons INTEREST and what goal do I think they have and WHY?
- What in our common interest could I do to bring more (non expected) value to the customer? – What questions do I want to ask the other side when exploring these possibilities?
- What issues/ objections are most probably going to come during the negotiation and how will I deal with them? See attached list.
- I have prepared facts, examples, ideas, images, previous dialogues, arguments and other
If price/ money is involved in the negotiation:
- What is my lowest/ highest price and what do I think is the “customers” lowest/highest price?
- What is the zone of potential agreement? (This is the zone in which a deal can take place.
- What are the ad-ons I could suggest to bring more value to the “customers”?