Conditional Formatting in MS Excel Tips and Tricks
Conditional Formatting in MS Excel
|By applying conditional formatting to your data, you can quickly identify variances in a range of values with a quick glance|
- After selecting the data select one of the options to apply it to the selected cells.
A cascading menu will appear.
Data Bars: This is an interesting option that formats the selected cells with colored bars. The length of the data bar represents the value in the cell. The longer the bar, the higher the value.
Users must have knowledge of and competent in:
- Basic Knowledge of MS Excel
- Participants are required to bring their laptops with MS Office 2010/2013 installed in it.
Conditional Formatting & Sparklines
- Formatting data on Conditions
- Highlight Duplicate & Unique Values
- Finding top 5 / 10 items in the Data
- Formatting data using Data Bars & Icons
- Clearing & Managing Rules
- Nested loops
- Analysing only total rows
- Summerizing a data based on single attribute
- Adding data based on two attributes
Summarizing & Consolidating
- Creating Sub Totals
- Extracting Unique Values with Filtering
- Tips of copying Filtered data to New File
Highlight duplicate records
Clear conditional formatting effect
You can also highlight Top 10 & Bottom 10 sales with conditional formatting