Data Validation in MS Excel
Data Validation in MS Excel – Creating drop down list
Data Valifation in Microsoft Excel is an important tool that professionals use in their daily life, in this blog we will discuss on how we ca nuse Data Validation Function in Microsoft Excel. Drop-down lists in Excel are helpful if you want to be sure that users select an item from a list, instead of typing their own values.
|Drop-down lists in Excel are helpful if you want to be sure that users select an item from a list, instead of typing their own values.|
- On the first sheet, select cell B1.
- On the Data tab, click Data Validation
- Type the items directly into the textbox.
|Total several rows of related data together by automatically inserting subtotals and totals for the selected cells.|
- Sort the data on the column on which you need to do subtotals
- Go to data Ribbon and click on Subtotal (see below screen shot)
- At each change in à Select — Region
- Use functionà Sum
- Add subtotal toàSelect — Sales column