What responsibilities a Tax Accountant should assume in Dubai
As we all know taxes in United Arab Emirates have taken a new turn with the introduction of UAE Corporate Tax. Taxation in the United Arab Emirates along with the new law regarding Corporate Tax in UAE has brought extra responsibilities / tasks in Job Description of Accountants working at eligible companies. So the question is What responsibilities a Tax Accountant should assume in Dubai.
The companies based in UAE/ Dubai require experienced, skilled, competent, mature, qualified, creative, and intelligent candidate with significant knowledge and relevant working experience of the Accountants / Finance Team to handle their Accounting and Tax Affairs.
The new Tax Accountant will be acting/ performing the following tasks: –
Overview Of The Role
The Tax Accountant will support the Tax Back-Office of the company/ organization on tax operational matters including preparations of Direct and Indirect Tax Returns.
Monthly Tax Returns Preparation
Prepare monthly VAT and WHT returns in of difference regions and process for submission to the governing bodies and liability settlement
Maintain regulatory compliance and updating the monthly calendar and tracker to ensure correct and timely filing of all Tax Returns based on country specific tax calendars and review complex income Tax Returns. In case of any skill gap the tax Accountant/s must go for UAE Corporate Tax Training.
Support the Tax Back-Office with the tax provision tracking and tax balances on general ledger
Tax Document Management
Ensure all documents are collected on a central database and handle requests for information
Provide coordination support during tax audits to the Tax Manager
The tax accountant will provide active support to the Tax Back-Office in resolving VAT system issues in close coordination with IT and Assistant Financial Controller and will support the Streamlining processes identified through automation.
Prepare adhoc requests as per management request
Other Key Responsibilities
- To liaise with relevant managers and stakeholders to ensure full collaboration and understanding on critical topics.
- Contribute to the improvement of the solutions and business processes.
- Maintains and upgrades professional knowledge, management skills and domain expertise by using continuous learning & development tools.
Required Skills To Be Successful
- Accounting skills
- Project management skills
- SAP Knowledge preferable
- Ability to work on various on-going projects with good organisational and time management skills
- Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Analysis and troubleshooting
What Equips You For The Role
- Tax, Finance Degree, Regional tax knowledge would be a plus
- 3 – 5 years of GCC Tax experience
- 1-2 years in an international Finance environment