Why Feedback is important in Customer Service
Why Feedback is important in Customer Service: In your teams discuss the True or False statements in the questionnaire and agree your answers.
Tick the True or False column as appropriate.
|True or False?||True||False|
|Feedback is a general term for giving praise or criticism.|
|Feedback is based on your personal opinions or feelings.|
|Feedback can only be given by a manager to his/her staff.|
|When giving negative feedback you should try to say something nice first.|
|You can give feedback through any communication medium. E.g., face to face, over the phone, by letter, or by e-mail.|
|Feedback is intended to tell a person where they are going wrong.|
|When you give feedback you should leave the other person in no doubt about your feelings.|
|Feedback should be given once or twice a year.|
|It is not wise to enter into a discussion with the person once you have given your feedback.|
Providing Constructive Feedback
There are four elements involved in providing constructive feedback.
|What you say.||When you say it.|
|How you say it.||How often you give Feedback.|
Working with your team, look at the following statements and decide whether each is constructive and helpful, or potentially destructive and unhelpful.
- If you feel a statement is unhelpful or destructive, suggest an alternative.
- Thanks for that – it was great!
- That’s not right. What is it about this task that confuses you?
- I think you did a good job there; the paperwork is all accurate and in the right order. That’ll help us later when we have to do a file audit – thanks.
- Your performance at the moment is just not up to scratch.
- The report contained all the necessary information, with a clear executive summary and was well presented too – many thanks for your effort.
- I’m sorry, but your attitude stinks!
- You’ll have to do it again; it’s just not acceptable!
- Talk me through your ideas here. I’m not sure how this will take us to the outcome we are looking for. Perhaps we can walk through the process together?