Preparing for CMA Exams: Here is what you need to do
See some quick tips
Separate your initial learning
- Preparing for CMA Exams: Here is what you need to do: (When you focus on increasing your understanding of material) from your studying (when you improve your memory of what you know).
Start preparing early, or start now.
- Ideally you should start preparing yourself from day one
- In this way you can easily manage exam pressure
- Read examiner articles
- Examiner interviews, past paper analysis in order to ensure success in first go.
- Specifically note, format of paper and syllabus weightage of each examination area.
- You should have exam fear that will push you toward effective preparation of final exams
Be strategic in studying
- Identify key topics. Focus on material you don’t know
- Set targets and dates for completion and mark them as tick to get motivated and focused on your objectives.
Select, organize and review key material
- Organize material to distinguish between main topics, sub-topics, and details. Look for relationships, connections or patterns
- Summarize it using charts, tables, mind maps or webs, quantitative concept summaries, or annotated notes depending on the type of material
Make a study plan, based on number of hours you think you’ll need
- 3 hour blocks (with a 10 minute break every hour) work well, followed by long break (1.5-2 hours) and do it again – – 9 hours max. a day!!
- Distribute study hours across several days, studying 2 or 3 courses a day
Match your depth of study with the test format, and then “teach” someone else
- Multiple choice tests can tap details, plus understanding connections and concepts
- Essay exams can analyze themes, patterns, your interpretations
- Quantitative problem solving exams assess conceptual understanding, plus fast and accurate computations
Write a practice exam, under the same conditions (duration, exam aids)
- Make up your own questions, based on learning objectives of the course
- Use past papers and assignments, review questions from text/revision kit
Be strategic in writing the exam
- Take home exams require evidence and evaluation, not just description of facts
- Answer questions you know first, to maximize grades and gain confidence
- Include your essay outline, or diagrams in problem solving exams, for part marks
Use relaxation techniques to calm your mind and body, and permit clear thinking.
CMA Training Course in Dubai
If you are looking for CMA Training Course in Dubai, then Tafkeer Professional Development should be the place to contact. We are offering CMA in Dubai since 2009. Being one of the oldest CMA training provider in Dubai, we take pride as the Best CMA institute in Dubai. We offer full support of your CMA Exam Registration, CMA coaching classes, CMA study material and instructor lead CMA training in Dubai.