Financial Performance Management
Financial performance management training is aimed at understanding the performance of an organization from a financial perspective, however to be able to measure and understand the “financial” success or failure of an organization, you need to understand the overall business, the operations, the customers, the people amongst many other variables.
The aim of the training session is to understand financial performance in the context of the overall business performance and achievement.
We will use various case studies, including some well-known organizations’’ performance information to establish the concepts discussed in the session.
Key Take away
- Understand how well or how poorly your organization is performing from a quick calculation of key performance ratios
- What KPIs are most suited to your organization based on the discussion of a real case study?
- How do you control divisional performance and what performance measures to measure divisional managers ‘success?
- The relevance of using the Kaplan and Norton Balance scorecard to understand business performance
- The importance of management information systems to adequately measure the performance
Measuring and managing financial performance management
- Understanding the “story” behind the numbers
Managing financial performance at corporate level
- Understanding financial statements
- Statement of Financial Performance (SoFP)
- How strong is the” Balance sheet”?
- The Income Statement
- Evaluate current performance
- Trends and prospects
- Cash flow statement
- Cash is “king”
Understand the performance from a financial perspective, to be able to measure and understand the “financial” success or failure of an organization, you need to understand the overall business, the operations, the customers, the people amongst many other variables.
Ratio analysis using financial statements
- Investor ratios and EBITDA
KPIs ( Key Performance Indicators)
- What are they?
- How do you select the most adequate ratios for your organization?
Managing performance at division level
- Controllable profits/Investment Centre
- Return on Investment (ROI)
- Residual Income
- ROI vs. Residual Income
- Standard costing and variance analysis
Kaplan and Norton Balance scorecard
- Business view from 4 perspectives
- Financial; customer; Internal Business; Innovation and Learning
- Case Study – your company
Performance in not for profit sector
- Problems with performance measurement
- Value for money
- Case study Greenpeace International
Performance Management Information Systems
- Levels and types
- Measurement and control
Participants will Get
- Seminar Pack containing the information presented on the day
- Fun Learning Activities
- Certificate of Participation