Training on Introduction to Budgeting
Training Goals & Objectives
This Training on Introduction to Budgeting in Dubai UAE is designed keeping in view – that many professionals are responsible for budgets & forecasts, but never took any courses to learn the fundamental principles of budgeting and forecasting. After attending this training the participants this course will serve as Complete Guide to Financial Budgeting.
This hands-on intensive course targets professional(s) from finance as well as non-financial background, who need to understand the fundamental budgeting principles and forecasting methods, budget process, and want to improve their financial literacy.
This course will also provide you with the necessary analytical framework and a wide array of practical tools to help you understand and develop effective Budgeting Process that meet company’s objectives. Apart from above this course will also help the participants to: –
- Build the understanding of the impact of budgeting in achieving your organization goals
- Equip you with different budgeting techniques, approaches and methodologies applicable to different
- industries and scenarios
- Understanding the Importance of budgeting and forecasting in a climate of uncertainty
- Techniques and methodologies for effective budgeting, its impact on performance management.
- Significance of the behavioural aspects in budgeting and forecasting.
Who Should Attend
Professionals from different level of the following departments can attend this workshop – Budgeting is essential for all functions of an organization and smart budgeting leads to optimum management.
- Accounts & Finance Department
- Marketing department
- Operation Department
- Business Analysts
- Admin & Secretarial Professionals
- IT Support & Services Department and other areas
Can you survive and thrive without a budget?
- Budget: Background
- Budget and business plan
- Budget and forecast
- Budget and the business strategy
- Budgeting process
- The planning cycle
- Potential problems
How do you build a budget in a climate of uncertainty?
- Developing budgets
– From operational budgets to financial budgets
- Types of budgets
- Methods of budgeting
– Zero based budgeting
Budget & Forecast – Key to optimization
- Approaches to budgeting
– Top down
– Bottom up
– Activity orientated
– Task orientated
– Planning programming budgeting system
- Behavioural aspects in budgeting
- Forecasting versus budgeting
Master Budgets – from A to Z
- Process flow of an organization
– Gathering information
– Anticipating and budgeting for revenues
– Estimating expenditure
– Understanding costs
- Operational budgets
– Raw Materials
- Financial budgets
– Statement of financial Performance
– Statement of financial Position
– Statement of Cash flows
Cash Budgeting – no cash no budget!
- Myth of “Profit”
- Cash Flow Versus Profit
- Cash Conversion Cycle
- Managing Surplus
- Operating Activities, Investing Activities; Financing Activities
- Analysing Business Performance Using Cash Flow Statement
Capital Budgeting – have you looked at all the feasible options?
- Incorporating capital investment decisions into the budget and planning process
- Capital investment evaluation techniques
- Importance of Cost of Capital
- Payback period
- Net present value
- Internal Rate of Return
- What to rely NRV or IRR
Controlling and monitoring a budget, is it worthwhile?
- Analysing discrepancies
– Variance analysis
- Analysing budget errors
- Investigating unexpected variances
- Making necessary adjustments
- Lessons learned
Budgeting – an effective tool for performance management?
- Managing financial performance at corporate level
– Financial statements ( Statement of Position; Income
- Statement; Cash flow statement)
– Ratio analysis using financial statements
– Investor ratios
- Managing performance at division level
– Controllable profits/Investment Centre
– Return on Investment (ROI)
– Residual Income
– ROI vs. Residual Income
Consolidation of knowledge acquired
- Application in practice
- Candidates’ views
- Key messages