Leadership and Integrity in Combating Organizational Corruption and Money Laundering
This conference on Leadership & Integrity in Combating Organizational Corruption and Money Laundering in Dubai is designed to heighten participant’s positive impact as leaders. Senior level executives are highly influential, as well as conspicuous role models for their people, so they need to model positive, proactive behaviour.
Specific objective includes:
- To identify areas within decentralized governance structures where effective leadership is required to combat corrupts.
- To examine how leadership can be employed to curb corruption within the district Assembly system.
- To explore further strategies for using leadership to reduce political influence on decentralized governance system so as to minimize corruption in their operations.
- To identify challenges facing leadership of decentralized organizations in curbing corruption.
During the event we shall focus on the priorities and skills within a leader’s specific role to combat Organizational Corruption and Money Laundering in an effective manner.
We shall distinguish leadership from management, enable participants to match their styles to any given situation, and guide them through three vital leadership behaviours:
- Communicating your vision
- Empowering others to act
- Self Accountability and Responsibility Assumption
- Encouraging the ‘heart’ (inspiring and motivating people
We shall also emphasise the leader’s role as a coach; someone who creates goals with individual team members and then helps them to develop and grow through challenge, education and feedback. We’ll also take a fresh look at motivation, exploding some cliches about the subject and asserting what really drives people towards excellence.
We will convene participants for one of our most popular and highly-relevant courses. This course will help you to understand the drivers of corruption and a leader’s role to mitigate them.
You will strengthen your analytical skills and learn about the instruments necessary to develop integrity and anti-corruption policies and programmes in line with recent international initiatives, legislation and agreements.
This course will help you:
- Examine the cross-cutting nature of corruption and its impact on social and economic development and the rule of law;
- Assess corruption vulnerabilities in governance institutions and processes;
- Learn about innovative instruments related to integrity and anti-corruption, and analyze how these instruments can be employed to work in your organization/country;
- Engage with governments, civil society and private sector leaders to develop and implement integrity and anti-corruption policies and programs with a view to achieving sustainable and equitable development;
- Support integrity and anti-corruption initiatives and agencies in locally appropriate ways;
- Learn from the experiences of the experts, as well as your fellow participants, and expand your professional network in the field of integrity and anti-corruption.
After this course, you will receive a professional certificate of completion.
This course is intended for consultants and professionals working for government, international organisations or NGOs and who are involved in anti-corruption, transparency and accountability processes in relation to development and governance.
Conference on Leadership & Integrity in Combating Organizational Corruption and Money Laundering
- Combating Money laundering-Regulatory framework
- Methods and techniques observed in cases involving suspected terrorist financing and money laundering
- Internal Controls, Procedures and Policies Cooperation with the Authorities and the Regulators
- Know Your Customer (KYC) and Identification and Verification (ID&V) Rules
- Discuss the fundamental elements of Transparency and Anti-Corruption
- Outline strategies for Combatting Corruption in Law Enforcement
- Review Integrity Management Systems
- Indicate strategies for Guarding Against Corruption
- Process of money laundering
- Specific Trends/typologies of Money Laundering
- The expansion of Money Laundering from drugs to corruption to terrorism
- Financial Red Flags
- Procurement Red Flags
- Methods of Money Laundering
- Illustrate strategies for Promoting a Culture of Zero-Tolerance
- Describe the steps of effective Action Plan Development
- Restate the relationship between Ethics and Anti-Corruption;
- Outline effective Communication Strategies
- The role of the leader – uniting people to achieve a common purpose
- Leadership vs. Managing – future or present/movement or maintenance?
Team–Task-Individual (John Adair’s classic concept)
- Exercise: “How well do you balance Team/Task/Individual?”
- Pair work: real plans to improve underdeveloped areas
6 leadership styles
- Coercive (‘Do what I say’)
- Visionary (‘Follow me’)
- Affiliative (‘You and I’)
- Affirming (‘You’re great’)
- Pacemaker (‘I’m fast – keep up’)
- Coach (‘What do you think?’)
- Questionnaire – establishing preferences and underdeveloped styles
- Syndicate work – “How can I/we develop a broader range? (plus action points)
- Inspiration – ‘personal best’ leadership stories (group sharing, leading to….)
3 core actions
- Inspire a shared vision
- Empower others to act
- Encourage the ‘heart’
Finding your vision – exercise (delegates write and share their ideal future)
- Sharing the vision
- Including others’ values
- Making it visual and emotive
- Practicing communicating the vision (role play and feedback)
Empowering others to act (creating ‘owned’ goals)
- The G.R.O.W. model (Goal/Reality/Options/Way Forward)
- G.R.O.W. role plays and feedback
- Commitments – deciding on who you GROW, and when?
- Giving feedback
- Effective praise (the 3 Ps) plus practice
- Constructive criticism (Do’s not don’ts, using proof, agreeing action)
- Brief role play and comment
- Delegation Skills
- Personal stories: “Worst and best experiences of delegation”
- Discuss themes (what happened when it went well?)
- Theme: offer tasks to develop people, not dump on them
- Using tasks to inspire others (matching emotional needs)
- Analysis of team members (“What’s their main emotional need?”)
- Exercise: suiting the delegation to the receiver (genuine action points)
- Action plans (“What will I start/stop/continue as a leader?”)
Participants will Get
- Seminar Pack containing the information presented on the day
- Fun Learning Activities
- Certificate of Participation