Advance Intelligence Analysis Training
This course on Advance Intelligence Analysis Training in Dubai United Arab Emirates will explore the methods used to conduct and manage intelligence processes. It is designed for people entering the profession or those that may have experience of intelligence work but need to refresh their skills.
The course will be based on well-established principles developed from military intelligence techniques and the police National Intelligence Model.
They are applicable to commercial organisations and a broad spectrum of public sector audiences. Participants will learn the theories that underpin intelligence operations. They will go on to understand collection methods available to agencies. Analytical principles will be an important part of the course as will techniques for disseminating data.
The course on Advance Intelligence Analysis will be largely practical and will require considerable participants’ participation. Participants will learn to think about problems in a different way.
They will understand the influences that distort rational thinking and how to develop hypotheses in a logical systematic way. The course will cover much of the same theory as this Intensive course but will go on to test the participants in a number of exercise scenarios and give them the opportunity to hone their skills.
Our analysts and instructors are experienced who can draw from a wide range of experiences in the public and private sector. The course will teach intelligence best practice but will also make the participant challenge normal ideas and methods of working.
It will instill a questioning and dynamic approach to problem solving. The analytical techniques learned can be applied to any working environment involving problem solving from commercial to public sector at the macro and local level.
The course is suitable for individuals and groups from the public, private and charitable sectors, with examples and use cases drawn from extensive experience of implementing intelligence management processes in all three of these domains.
This course on Advance Intelligence Analysis is ideally suited to those entering the intelligence community or looking to broaden their understanding of intelligence led working practices
The course will be delivered in English.
30% Instructor led theory, 60% practical session, 10% Classroom discussion
Module 1: Fundamentals
- Understanding the concept of the Intelligence cycle
- Understanding the Principles of intelligence within a civilian and military environment
- National Intelligence Model and how it can be applied to a wider audience
- The importance of direction to intelligence procedures
Module 2: Collection
- Understand the broad scope of collection assets that may be available to an intelligence team
- Understand the utility of imagery, communications and human intelligence to the collection process
- Understand the growing role of open source intelligence and social media to modern intelligence teams. This will broaden into a discussion on the importance of big data to intelligence gatherers
- Techniques for managing collection and the passage of data between organisations will be discussed and exercised
Module 3: Intelligence processing
- Comprehension of the various stages of the analytical process from collation, through evaluation, analysis and integration to the production of an assessment
- Analytical techniques will encompass: the use of analytical software, statistical analysis, temporal, geospatial and link analysis techniques
- Understanding the biases and fallacies that can affect their products and the techniques that can mitigate biases and fallacies
Module 4: Practical application
- Develop skills in written, graphic and verbal communication that enhance product dissemination
- Understanding the best practices and skills needed for working in an intelligence team
- Understanding the role of intelligence on operational planning
Module 5: Consolidation
- Practice the skills learned in a number of scenarios that will test all elements of the course from collection management to dissemination and team work.