Data Analytics for Business
This Data Analytics for Business Training in Dubai will help participants build business analytics skills and learn to manage, wrangle, and analyse data with Excel and SQLite.
Build your data analytics skills and Excel knowledge to boost your career
Do you want to build in-demand analytics and decision making skills? Learn how to transform business data into robust decisions with this data analytics training courses in Dubai. Discover how Excel and SQLite can become problem-solving tools and decision aids at every stage of your career, and develop some of the world’s most in-demand skills.
Businesses have access to huge volumes of data, but the skills to turn information into action are just catching up. As a result, there is a huge demand for data analytics skills, offering career opportunities across a range of industries and specialisms.
Build your confidence in business analytics
As early as 2012, IBM stated that ‘90% of the world’s data has been created in the last two years’ and the creation of data has grown exponentially. In the last five years, job postings asking for data visualisation have grown by 540% and demands for Tableau skills by 1,165%.
Growing your confidence in business analytics can unlock rewarding career opportunities and ensure that you continue to progress through to decision-making roles.
Use Excel and SQLite to improve your decision-making
In order to parse and interpret data, you need the right tools and techniques. Excel is one of the most widely-used programmes in the world, with over 750 million users worldwide, but many don’t understand its full potential.
Learn to manipulate data using Excel and SQLite and use it to confirm suspicions, prove or disprove hypotheses, and support decisions at every level of your business.
Find solutions to business problems in your existing data
Many organizations speak about creating a data-driven culture – this starts with your own approach to problem solving.
A strong understanding of data analytics can help you identify and properly outline problems, pin-point where they occur, and test solutions.
Content for this Data Analytics for Business Training in Abu Dhabi has been adapted from the Data Analytics for Business with Tableau Training Microcredential – if you want to find out more, take a look at this Microcredential which offers smaller cohorts with tutor interactions and academic credit.
Key skills you will learn
- Data analysis
- Business analytics
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Data interpretation
- Data management
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to…
- Identify the benefits of data analysis
- Articulate data analytics fundamentals including basics of statistics
- Apply fundamental data analytics techniques, using spreadsheet and database tools, to prepare, interpret and communicate insights about datasets
- No prior experience is needed to join this training.
- Some experience working with data, statistics, and using spreadsheets would be beneficial, but is not required.
During the Data Analytics for Business course in Dubai we’ll be using DB Browser for SQLite and Excel. If you don’t have Excel, you might find this online version useful.
We recommend you use a computer to access this the courses.
This workshop on Data Analytics for Business will support professionals who require data analytics skills in the workplace and is suitable for:
- An early-stage or aspiring data or business analyst looking to boost their qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills.
- A business professional looking to step into a new role that requires data analytics skills.
- A business or arts graduate looking to start their first professional role by adding required quantitative skills such as data analysis.
Data Analysis and Fundamental Statistics
Gain an introduction to basic data analysis functions and statistical models to deliver insights for your business.
Introduction to data analytics
- Introduction to the course
- What is data analytics?
- Types of analytics
Data analytics projects
- Introduction to data analytics projects
- Data-driven decision-making
- Data analytics process and tools
Descriptive statistics for data analytics
- Introduction to descriptive statistics for data analytics
- Describing data
- Measures of spread
The shape of your data
- Introduction to understanding the shape of your data
- Visualizing data
- Interpreting data visualization
Excel for Data Analysis
Develop your capability to familiarize yourself with the working knowledge of Excel to wrangle, transform, and visualise the data.
Statistics in Excel
- Introduction to the course
- Using formulas in Excel
- Using functions in Excel
Data wrangling in Excel
- Introduction to data wrangling in Excel
- Importing and tidying data in Excel
- Wrangling data in Excel
Transforming data in Excel
- Introduction to transforming data in Excel
- Transforming, sorting, and filtering data in Excel
- Creating pivot tables
Visualizing data in Excel
- Introduction to visualizing data in Excel
- Data visualization
- Exploratory data analysis
SQL for Data Analysis
Move beyond basic data analytics and apply the working knowledge of SQL to query and transform a database.
Introduction to SQL
- Introduction to the course
- Fundamentals of databases
- Working with SQLite
Querying and manipulating data in SQL
- Introduction to querying and manipulating data in SQL
- Creating tables in SQLite
- Querying a database
Table joins in SQL
- Introduction to table joins in SQL
- Joining tables in SQL
- How to implement joins in SQLite
- Introduction to diagnostic analytics
- Diagnostic analysis techniques
- Causation and correlation in data analysis